Introduction

I'm Jordan and I have chosen to study Film Studies as I have had a love for films from a very young age and when I am older, I would like to work in the film industry. My favourite genres of films are comedies, horrors and animation, though I enjoy watching any film from any genre!

From this course, I would like to get a wider knowledge of films from different time periods and cultures as I usually watch mostly modern movies when I am choosing a film to watch and I'm hoping to learn more about techniques that are used in film as my knowledge is quite limited. I would also like to learn more about the roles in the film industry so that by the end of this course, I have a clearer picture of what I want to do when I'm older by finding out more about the different jobs involved in creating a film.

I am excited to watch many films as I love watching new films and I haven't seen most of the films on the course! I am also excited to analyse the films as it'll be interesting to watch these films with a new perspective and analysing how and why the film came together in a certain way. However I am a bit worried for the practical aspect of the course as I have never made my own short film, though I am looking forward to the experience of making a short film for the first time!

I am really excited to study film studies over the next 2 years!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amy: Revision Guide

City Of God: Revision Guide

Pan's Labyrinth: Revision Guide