First Term Report

First Term Report: Introduction to Film Studies, City of God & the start of Pan's Labyrinth

Strengths:
- Analysing film scenes in detail and understanding the main aspects of film (cinematography, editing, mise-en-scene and performance).
- Understanding key scenes & the representations they present.
- Updating notes regularly with use of picture and colour so that I have an in-depth study guide to refer back to when I come to revise.
- Taking on-board feedback in order to improve my notes and my essays.
- Have adapted to a new subject quickly and I am keeping up with the pace of the subject.

Weaknesses:
- Need to use film language regularly in essays.
- Embedding context & background information constantly into my notes so I can develop my points.
- I haven't been on the Eduqas website much for exam practice techniques & extra information

Plans to overcome weaknesses:
- Start using film language more regularly in blog posts in order to become more familiar with the language & I am planning to create a glossary of film terminology to post on my blog so I have a reference point for new film terms which I can update.
- Watch other films from a similar time period (for example Brazilian films or films brought up in comparison (e,g. Goodfellas) to City of God) in order to get an in depth view into the director's influences and understanding more about the context of the places that these films take place in.
- Use eduqas & the resources on the site more often in order to help with my understanding of the films & read the essay sample responses to help with my writing skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amy: Revision Guide

City Of God: Revision Guide

Pan's Labyrinth: Revision Guide